This course is an intensive 4 day classroom based course covering topics required by the Operator Competence Scheme and an alternative route for those needing to gain the statutory Level 4 VQ (formerly NVQ) and competency for a facility classified as medium risk.
Learning material is delivered via PowerPoint presentations, group sessions, case studies and exercises. For each unit, learners will complete a written project. A proportion of the project will be based on an appropriate sustainable waste management facility.
Course Content- mandatory units
- Environmental protection in waste and resource management
- Communication, interaction and influence of stakeholders and other non-legislative factors within waste and resources management
- Legislation to support the operation of a waste and resources management facility
- Health and safety principles and practices in the waste and resource management sector
- Principles of sustainable waste and resource management
In addition to these mandatory units, the learner will also choose another optional unit to complete the course.
Contact Serac today for more information on the Waste Management VRQ
Click here to download a list of our 2017 dates
Have you already taken this course? Why not leave a review?